The site is independently Christian owned and highly committed to connecting Christians who share the same faith and values. The site not only caters to young people but also seniors who are widowed or divorced. You can access the site on the desktop version and also download it from Google Play and App Store for your iOS or Android device.
Creating a profile and sign up process
On the landing page, when creating a new profile, you need to fill in a username, email address, your city, country and zip code and date of birth. At the sign-up stage, they also request that you let them know if an existing member on the site referred you.
Next, you need to fill in a section which is subdivided into sub-sections that have questions on marital status, appearance, faith, lifestyle, schooling, employment, and children.
This goes into details such as height, fashion sense, church denomination and involvement, smoking and drinking habits and what type of relationship you are looking for. At this point, the site has a disclaimer that states “if you are still legally married, please don’t join this site.”
There is the option to complete more details about your profile or to continue later and start browsing right away. At this point, the site generates a unique username and password for you to use when signing in.
If you choose to continue filling in your profile, you will be provided with boxes to describe yourself in more words based on your personal goals, dream job, past relationship, hobbies and interests and questions on ideal date setting. These details will appear on your main profile.
You can now upload a profile photo. Since it is a faith-based dating site, there are guidelines on what type of photos are acceptable. For instance, they should be recent and clear, photos that show too much skin will be rejected and they should not include any church directory. If you are not able to upload, you can email them to the ChristanCafe team to do it for you.
How does it work?
Unlike other dating sites, ChristianCafe.com allows you to communicate for free first before committing to a membership plan. The site bases its matches on how similar your answers were when you were doing the registration. There is a search function and a chat room that will help you meet members that you can chat with.
The free-trail membership plan expires after 10 days. After this, you will have to get on a premium subscription plan to enjoy any services on the site. You can choose to use the app or the desktop version of the site as both works the same way.
The profile displays your profile picture, age and all information filled out during sign-up.
- You can edit any information on your profile at any time.
- During the free trial period, you can see and view all other user profiles for free.
- There is a chat room to message members that are currently online
- You can upload a maximum of 3 profile photos.
- You can see who has viewed your profile for free.
- Profiles are very detailed. A more detailed profile attracts more messages and emails from other members.
Members are encouraged to develop and write a more detailed profile. Some of the benefits of this include:
- Displays that you are committed to finding a serious relationship.
- You will have a higher probability of receiving mail and messages from other users.
- With this, users will get to know more of you before you start chatting.
- You can browse through all user profiles or free.
- Send and receive messages from any member on the site.
- You will be able to see who has viewed you, your favorites list and search for potential matches.
- You will receive email matches that are tailored to your search.
- On your profile, you can post up to a maximum of 3 photos.
- Unlimited access to the prayers section, blogs, and forums.
- You will be able to see which members are online and initiate conversation.
- You will be able to send 50 mail messages each day.
However, you will be restricted from sending any personal information and contact information to other users unless you upgrade. If you refer a friend to the site, you will get additional free days.
Once you upgrade to a premium plan, you enjoy all the benefits of a free account without any limits plus a platform to send up to 75 e-mail messages per day.
You can pay for your account via credit card, PayPal or Western Union. The subscription is automatically renewed unless you cancel before your time expires.
Once you’ve created your dating profile, you can now go ahead and search for Christian singles according to your preferred criteria. The search filters include age, location, photo, username and you can filter some more based on church denomination or church involvement. Going through the QuickMatch section shows you the profiles that are compatible with you. You can also connect with people that are currently online.
Once you have met that perfect match, you can now start chatting. You can send an email or a wink, you can also take the profiles you are interested in and add to your favorites or recommend. All your messages will be stored in the Mailbox section and you will get a notification each time a new one comes through.
Any member can post a topic or contribute to the forum with topics ranging from Christianity, movies, travel, health and fitness and relationships. You can edit or delete your posts except if you are the one who started the topic conversation.
A symbol of a cup beside a profile indicates the member is a 100% match for you while a star symbol indicates a new member. By just clicking on the profile, you can initiate conversation immediately. If you are not impressed, you can move to the next match, return to matches menu or choose to view similar profiles.
They have topics that cover, your role in dating and how to date as a Christian in the modern world. The blog goes more deeply into topics on how to navigate through relationships. Once you sign up, make sure you have gone through this section to guide you even in the future relationships that you will get into.
How do I delete or deactivate my profile?
You can choose to either archive or permanently delete your profile. If you decide to go the archive way, your account will not be viewed by other members but can be retrieved at a later date.
However, this deletes all the messages and emails you had sent before deactivating the account. The other option permanently removes your profile from the site and you will lose all the data. In case you want to come back, you will have to register afresh. Additionally, when deactivating your account, you are given the option to either remove it overnight or wait until your membership plan expires.
Are there any success stories?
On the site, there are over 3,000 testimonials of some of the couples that have met on ChristianCafe.com and are now happily married. These couples are drawn from different cities around the world.
These testimonials are submitted each month and clearly show that a serious relationship can sprout from this site. This is very encouraging especially for new members looking to meet a spouse or long term partner.
Are there any safety concerns?
On each member profile, there is a button to report a member in case you come across any suspicious user. The team will take immediate action to keep you and other members of the site safe. In addition, they are constantly updating their technology to close down any loopholes that allow fake profiles.
The site has taken strict measures to ensure that the information you provide is kept safe and secure. However, the team does not conduct any background checks on new users to verify if they are real or not. Therefore, you should exercise caution when revealing any information to a member of the site.
ChristianCafe has gone a step further to provide some tips on how to ensure that your profile is safe. You can hide your location under the settings, change your username to hide your personal information, chat with members on private chat or even apply mail-block to users that you do not communicate with.
All these measures keep you as a member feeling safe. As a new user, it is important to check out the safety guidelines that are on the site.
Design and Usability
The ChristianCafe.com website has a simple layout. The menu and navigation bars are very simple and user friendly.
Launched in 2011, the mobile app version is available for download on Google Play and App Store for both Android and iOS. This fully integrates with your profile on the website and can be used in the same way.
The app is more convenient and can be used on the go which has led to an increase in the number of daily downloads.Christian Cafe iOS app has a 2.5 out of 5-star rating on the App store and 3 out of 5-star rating on the Android app based on customer reviews.
- ChristianCafe.com is one of the best sites if you are looking to meet someone serious who is ready for a long-term relationship or marriage.
- Once you upgrade, you can send unlimited messages and emails to other users until you choose to deactivate the subscription.
- As a Christian dating site, this is a great site if you are looking for someone who shares the same values and faith in God as you.
- With the 10 day trial period, it is possible to connect and meet with a potential match without necessarily paying for a subscription.
- It is very easy to join the site and to also navigate through the app and website. The layout is simple for anyone to use which makes it so popular among the Christian singles.
- Once your free trial period expires, you have to pay for membership. You do not have the option to do anything with a free account past this period.
- The monthly membership is pricey in comparison with other dating sites. This can be a downside especially since the free trial period only lasts for 10 days which might not be enough to meet that perfect match.
- Since the site does not conduct any background checks, it is possible that you will come across some fake profiles or scammers when browsing.
- The site does not have a very large pool of users and most of the time you will find that most profiles on QuickMatch have been inactive for a very long time.
- The profiles can be at times very detailed and too long since most users are looking to make a serious connection.
To Sum It Up
ChristianCafe.com is Christian-owned and operated by Bible-believing Christians who understand the importance of faith in relationships. As a user, this is the place to not only connect with other Christian singles, but to build your faith via the community forums and daily prayers for spiritual nourishment.
You will experience an active Christian singles community that supports each other while at the same time possibly meet the lady or man of your dreams. It is very easy to join the site and simple to navigate which makes it such a good place to start if you are new to the online dating scene. Based on the number of success stories, the site is doing a stellar job in bringing people together and building faith-based marriages.
Christian Care Review; A Place for Single Christians to Meet Up
Christian Cafe is an online dating site and app for Christian singles. It’s easy to join and boasts over 25,000 successful marriages, but it does require a paid subscription (apart from the 10 day trial period.)